Why Join the GES PTA?
The number one reason is simply, our children need you.
PTA has more to offer than just being a school fundraising unit. GES PTA is a place to make a real difference in the lives of our Goochland Elementary students. That's the simple answer.
Need more convincing? How about a top-ten list of reasons to get involved in school? Everyone loves a top-ten list!
1. Volunteering makes a big difference. Research consistently shows that kids whosse parents are involved in their schools do better.
2. Volunteering offers tangible ways to be part of things. Sometimes we might mean well, but our busy lives get in the way of committing. Joining a parent group will provide concrete ways to get involved, whether at events, in the classroom or on a committee.
3. It feels great to participate! Your child spends a lot of time at school, and it's a great to share some of her school-related experiences with her.
4. You'll get to know other parents. It's powerful to create a circle of adult friends around a school, and having a shared interest is a good place to start. What's more, it can help foster connections between families in your community.
5. Your help is ALWAYS needed. Whether it's helping run the next big event or providing support in the classroom, there are always ways to pitch in.
6. It's manageable commitment. Volunteering can seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be. Spend an hour at a bingo night or a talent show, and your efforts will be appreciated. And remember, it's always OK to say no when you're busy.
7. It's fun! Even simple events like pizza nights and family reading nights can spice up your week.
8. You can tailor volunteering to play to your strengths. Within a parent group or school community there are many ways to contribute, some of which are sure to complement your strengths, interests, or professional skills.
9. Have a great idea? Volunteering gives you opportunities to get your ideas out there.
10. Volunteering provides another way to get to know school and support staff to better understand their needs and ideas.
Contact email@example.com to learn more.